Error loh with php Session

MemphiS

Jul  6 23:47:49 2007] [error] PHP Warning:  session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/main/public_html/index.php:2) in /home/main/public_html/index.php on line 2

[Fri Jul  6 23:47:49 2007] [error] PHP Warning:  session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: The session id contains invalid characters, valid characters are only a-z, A-Z and 0-9 in /home/main/public_html/index.php on line 2

Anyone know how i can reslove this issue, i had a spam bot looking for directorys and found that this error came up many times.. Nothing seems to be wrong with my code so im not to sure what i should do...

Thanks for your responces

You have some form of output before you call session_start(). There must not be any form of output before you call session_start().

Looking at the error PHP has detected that output has started on line 2 in index.php and your session id is invalid.

Post index.php here for use to look at. Make sure you post your code within code tags (

).

hmm weird the onlly thing i have before session_start(); is <?php

index looks like below:

<?php
session_start();
require_once("assets/connect.php");
/// rest of login script
?>

Starts like that on index,register,lost pass

all had the exact same error in the cPanel logs :-\

Thanks for the help wildteen.. uhm the errror doesnt persist. Ive had some search bot snooping my directory for different programs.. nothing unusal..blocked the ip of the bot.. just wanted to make sure i clear up this error to stop it coming about again..

How do i clear the cookies? Wasnt aware that servers had cookies haha :s

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.