[SOLVED] PHP / Javascript File Browser / Downloader

criticman

Anyone know of a good, ready-made (FREE) PHP file browser (possibly with Javascript/"AJAX" to make navigation smoother)?

I need it to operate like this

/mysite.com/httpdocs/filebrowser.php <- file users hit (i.e. www.mysite.com/filebrowser.php)

/mysite.com/files/

/mysite.com/files/A/fileone.tiff

/mysite.com/files/A/filetwo.tiff

/mysite.com/files/B/filethree.tiff

User sees:

A

B

They click "A" and see:

fileone.tiff

filetwo.tiff

So the files themselves need to NOT be web accessible. I need PHP to load the directory structures, allow users to "browse" by clicking a folder to view sub-folders, and ultimately click the file and load it in the browser for the user.  If it helps any, these will be .tiff files.

Maybe a PHP download script exists that does this? You know, that masks the actual file URL to prevent direct-linking?

PLEASE HELP! On a deadline and this came up out of nowhere!

Thanks!

You can find some classes on phpclasses.org that utilize "ajax" and php for file browsing.  That is your best bet if your on a timeline and don't know how to pull this off yourself.

Yeah.  I'll check.  I CAN pull this off (hell, written full blown e-commerce sites and corporate intranets) but not on my time crunch with other active projects, LOL.

Thanks!  I'll search there and hopefully find something.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.