Don't show if out of date..

adamjblakey

Hi,

What i am trying to do is when i am running an sql query i don't want to show an entry if the available date is already come and gone. In the table the available date is stored like e.g. 30-05-2007 so if this date is not below the current date +24hours then it does not show.

I hope this makes sense.

What i was trying to do is :

$currentdate = date("d-m-Y")+172800;

$selects = "SELECT * FROM vehicles WHERE available < '$currentdate' ORDER BY 'available'";

But it does not work

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Adam

It might because you look like you are storing the date in a varchar field, so MySQL will be treating the date field as a string, rather than a date. You'll have to change that. It should be in the format of Y-m-d, unless you changed it in the mysql ini, which I doubt.

It might because you look like you are storing the date in a varchar field, so MySQL will be treating the date field as a string, rather than a date. You'll have to change that. It should be in the format of Y-m-d, unless you changed it in the mysql ini, which I doubt.

He needs to store it as an INT(11) for a UNIX Timestamp or the date field to use MySQL for date calculations. Varchar is taken literally so running operators on it does no good.

Right what i have done is change the field to a date inplace of varchar now all the dates in the table are setup like e.g. 2007-05-30 then i tried changing the statement to

$currentdate = date("Y-m-d", mktime(0, 0, 0, date('m'), date("d") + 1, date("Y")));
$selects = "SELECT * FROM vehicles WHERE available < '$currentdate' ORDER BY 'available'";

But this does not work.. What am i doing wrong here?

Cheers,

Adam

Right what i have done is change the field to a date inplace of varchar now all the dates in the table are setup like e.g. 2007-05-30 then i tried changing the statement to

$currentdate = date("Y-m-d", mktime(0, 0, 0, date('m'), date("d") + 1, date("Y")));

But this does not work.. What am i doing wrong here?

Cheers,

Adam

Remove the single quotes from available and $currentdate in the SQL.

Thank you again but i still cannot get this to work. When this is what i have now but it shows no results even though i have an entry which is 2007-08-09 and even this does not show.

The current code is:

$selects = "SELECT * FROM vehicles WHERE available < $currentdate";

Any ideas?

$currentdate = date("Y-m-d", (time()+3600*24));

Try that. the 3600 = 1 hour in seconds, times it by 24 to simulate tommorow. Time returns a unix timestamp.

Right i need to scrap this as its not working and then go back to the drawing board.

At the moment the date is coming from the user as e.g. 2007-07-12 from a JavaScript popup calender then passed to the database in this format.

If the date is more than 1 day older than the current date then it does not show.

This is the code i have at present but does not work and simply does not show any items.

$currentdate = date("Y-m-d", (time()+3600*24));

Does anyone have any ideas on why this is not working or any ideas what i can do differently to get this to work?

Cheers,

Adam

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.