phpMyAdmin On Vista slight glitch with sessions

nadeemshafi9

hello guys

i have installed on vista IIS all the stuff and PHP binary and MySql, php_info() shows, mysql is ok

when i put in phpMyAdmin with a solid config cookies are set

i get the error

phpMyAdmin - canot start session without errors please check you php or webserver log file and configure your php installation properly

any help thanks

After some googling, it appears that this error is due to a problem with the session.save_path directive in php.ini.

Make sure that it's set to a valid directory and that the IIS guest user (IUSR_yourcomputername) has permission to write to that directory.

on mu iis6 it created session data on xp in the c:\tmp dir and it didnt need permissions, anyways i created a directory and pointed the session.savpath c:/intpub/wwwroot/session to it, phpmyadmin is showing a different more better fuller error latley.

i whent to the dir c:/intpub/wwwroot/session and gave IIS_IUSR full permission on it by right click th dir and properties.

this is what php admin says now

Cookies must be enabled past this point.

Warning: Unknown: open(c:\intpub\wwwroot\session\sess_m8qhbkglag6fge1mk09qsh7ml5, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (N;c:\intpub\wwwroot\session) in Unknown on line 0

PHP Warning: Unknown: open(c:\intpub\wwwroot\session\sess_m8qhbkglag6fge1mk09qsh7ml5, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (N;c:\intpub\wwwroot\session) in Unknown on line 0

i put that there myself, it tells u to, but i removed it and it still does the same, it just cant create the sessions, it wont allow it, the wwwroot directory is so protected even when i create a directory or delete a file in wwwroot it asks me to grant permissions to my own action

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.