Getting NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE with FF

Thierry

I've been getting the NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE error with Firefox on several occasions.

I have a script that frequently (every 500ms or so) calls several functions to update the user.

That works fine, but when the user is redirected by AJAX the error happens.

Although the scripts doesn't interfere with the user (the redirect still happens) it still does show the error itself.

Its like this, a player can host a chatbox (the host/player 1) and other users can then join in.

The host can view any of the users that join the chatbox and he can kick them (all will be kicked if he leaves the page)

It seems whenever the user is redirected by AJAX the error occurs (again, it doesnt crash anything but still) although if the host himself leaves the chatbox he gets no errors.

I'm simply using an XML request which then retrieves data from the database.

When a user is redirected I simply use:

//...
?>
location.href = "lobby.php";
<?
die("</root>");
?>

I use a PHP page with a switch to call upon various data and checks, and I then use eval(); to run any script generated.

It only happens in Firefox and appearently only when the user is forced to leave.

I'm geussing it somehow errors halfway during the exiting/closing of the page or something but I dont know.

I simply use a function (the same one) that calls upon XML to get the data from the PHP page and eval the contents.

If someone would know a way of just hiding the errors (they dont interfere with anything) that be good too.

Any ideas to what is causing this?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.