[SOLVED] php mail problem on wamp

hi...someone pleeeeeeeease help me on php mail problem on WAMP.

code:

<?php

mail("mymail@gmail.com","Hello World","Hi,this is my first php  *****ofcourse i have used a proper mail id!*******

mail!!");

?>

where do i set up the smtp port?...or what do i need to do..

i have modified php.ini as follows:

[mail function]

; For Win32 only.

SMTP = smtp.gmail.com

; For Win32 only.

sendmail_from = mymail@gmail.com  *****ofcourse i have used a proper mail id!*******

; For Unix only.  You may supply arguments as well (default: "sendmail -t -i").

;sendmail_path =

i get this error:

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first m24sm2469571waf in C:\wamp\www\play\firstmail.php on line 2

if am missing too much on basics....please help me from scratch..i am new and i ahve spent more than 10 days struggling now...!

pleeeeeeeeeease!

thanks,

vk

You cannot use gmail as an SMTP Server as mail() does not support authentication. GMail requires authentication in order for email to be sent from their servers.

mail works fine. It's just you got to use a non-secured SMTP server in order for mail to work.

i have finally got it working with swiftmailer!

it works for wamp..

works for gmail too..

its an offshoot of phpmailer...but its better i guess...and i dont think phpmailer allowse TSL or SSL like swiftmailer, which is reqd for gmail..

needless to say abt the other zillion good features of swiftmailer!

• 3 weeks later...

i have finally got it working with swiftmailer!

it works for wamp..

works for gmail too..

its an offshoot of phpmailer...but its better i guess...and i dont think phpmailer allowse TSL or SSL like swiftmailer, which is reqd for gmail..

needless to say abt the other zillion good features of swiftmailer!

Hi

I have a problem with php doesn't support ssl and tls.

I have seen many posts telling me to uncommented the extension=php_openssl. When I used the command php -m, it did show me the openssl. But when using phpinfo(), it only list udp and tcp.

Do you know how to set it up? Please help. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.