[SOLVED] QUICK question on iframes

weemikey

Hey all. I did a search through the forum, but I can't find an answer for this question. I'm working on a site with another developer and he's got this piece of code to call an iframe.

<?php echo ($_GET['iframe'] ? $_GET['iframe'] : '/home.php'); ?>

The question is: what is the ":" between $_GET['iframe'] and '/home.php'???? Is it concatenating the two? This WAS working but it set "home.php" to show only the passed in frame.

What I'm trying to do is take a url sent via an email and bring the user straight to a specific "activation" page. So the above code does that, but every time you click "home" on the menu, you go to the activation page instead of home.php. That's not what I want!

So I created this little thing because it made more sense to have a test to see if the iframe value is being passed. This ONLY happens during activation, so it's a rare thing.

<?php	

if (isset($_GET['iframe'])){
		$iframe = $_GET['iframe'];

echo $iframe;

echo "<iframe src=\'".$iframe."'\" name=\"contentFrame\" id=\"contentFrame\" frameborder=\"0\" hspace=\"0\" vspace=\"0\" marginheight=\"0\" marginwidth=\"0\"                      scrolling=\"auto\" allowtransparency=\"yes\"></iframe>";
	} else {
		echo "<iframe src=\"home.php\" name=\"contentFrame\" id=\"contentFrame\" frameborder=\"0\" hspace=\"0\" vspace=\"0\" marginheight=\"0\" marginwidth=\"0\" scrolling=\"auto\" allowtransparency=\"yes\"></iframe>";
	}

?>

I echo out the $iframe value and it's correct, but I get an error 404 saying the page can't be found. I don't do html and all that, so I'm a bit lost. Any help? It works fine if I don't pass in the iframe value.

I do LOVE this place!

Thanks,

Mikey

<?php echo ($_GET['iframe'] ? $_GET['iframe'] : '/home.php'); ?>

The ? and : is caled the ternary operator. It is just a shortened if else.

If $_GET['iframe'] is true than echo $_GET['iframe'] else echo '/home.php'

EDIT:::

The second portion the issue is:

"<iframe src=\'".$iframe."'\" 

Should be

"<iframe src='".$iframe."' 

Single quotes do not need escaped when inside double quotes and you cannot mix and match meaning a single quote must be closed by a single quote and not a double.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.