Possible to detect refresh?

ryeman98

Hi! I'm making a game and I want to be able to detect if a user refreshes, and if they do, I want to reset the score to 0. I know how to reset the score, I just need to know if you can somehow detect if they refreshed the page.

The game is rock, paper, scissors.

I use sessions for the guesses. The computer's guess is random and is a session instead of a hidden input (because if you view the source code, you can see the computer's choice) It starts out at rps.php?action=play and then after the guess, it goes to rps.php?action=round which is where if the user presses refresh, the computers choice will change, causing the user to cheat...

Ok, makes sense.  Does it really matter if the user refreshes, since the user never knows what the computer has guessed?  If you don't want the guess to change, you could do something like this:

if (user made a guess) {

Check guess

Update score

Generate new guess

} else {

Do nothing.  Keep the old guess.

}

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.