Data doesnt get updated

SpireLink

I am working on a club software which will allow me to manage players and get a list of all the registerd players, i can add, get list of all of the players, but when i try to modify any one of them i cant ..

i have attached the players edit file ..

[attachment deleted by admin]

If you were to post the relevant script rather than give us a link to the full code, you'd probably get more responses. However, to get you started, try adding an or die statement to your query:

<?php
$update=" UPDATE players SET name='$name',recordid='$recordid',dob='$dob',tall='$tall',weight='$weight',picture='$picture'  WHERE id=$player_id";
$new_club=mysql_query($update,$db) or die(mysql_error().'<br />On query:'.$update);
?>

I'm afraid you've described your problem a bit ambiguously...do you mean to say that your SQL UPDATE statement does not appear to be working?  Is it returning some kind of error?  I glanced over your script, and one thing you might consider adding is something to this effect:

$update_successful=mysql_query($query);

if ($update_successful)

{
         //Do stuff intended when the update goes well...

}

else

{

die("Could not update the record<br />".mysql_error());

}

That way, if your SQL statement fails for any reason, you can find out the reason why by echoing the mysql_error(); method.

If you were to post the relevant script rather than give us a link to the full code, you'd probably get more responses. However, to get you started, try adding an or die statement to your query:

<?php
$update=" UPDATE players SET name='$name',recordid='$recordid',dob='$dob',tall='$tall',weight='$weight',picture='$picture'  WHERE id=$player_id";
$new_club=mysql_query($update,$db) or die(mysql_error().'<br />On query:'.$update);
?>

Thanks for your responce , i have tried it but it didnt work for me, as for the related file ihave attached it ...

[attachment deleted by admin]

I'm afraid you've described your problem a bit ambiguously...do you mean to say that your SQL UPDATE statement does not appear to be working?  Is it returning some kind of error?  I glanced over your script, and one thing you might consider adding is something to this effect:

$update_successful=mysql_query($query);

if ($update_successful)

{
         //Do stuff intended when the update goes well...

}

else

{

die("Could not update the record<br />".mysql_error());

}

That way, if your SQL statement fails for any reason, you can find out the reason why by echoing the mysql_error(); method.

Thank you very much, i tried the error function and i got this

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
On query: UPDATE players SET name='SpireLink',recordid='7133',dob='11/11/1984',tall='150',weight='45',picture='alsadi.jpg' WHERE id=

could you please explain why i cant send the player id to the query?

Try this

$update="UPDATE players SET name='$name',recordid='$recordid',dob='$dob',tall='$tall',weight='$weight',picture='$picture' WHERE id='$player_id'";

I have tried it and i got this error

Could not update the record

Query was empty

This might work:

$update="UPDATE `players` SET name='".$name."',recordid='".$recordid."',dob='".$dob."',tall='".$tall."',weight='".$weight."',picture='".$picture."' WHERE id='".$player_id."'";

i am sorry it didnt work also, it might be a mestake by me .. could you pleae update the attached files so i will upload it, i am sorry to ask you for this and i know that your time is more valuable ..

Could you stick this in over your query and tell me what error comes up

$new_club=mysql_query("UPDATE players 
SET name='$name',recordid='$recordid',dob='$dob',tall='$tall',weight='$weight',picture='$picture'  
WHERE id=$player_id") or die(mysql_error());

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.