Test scripts to run on my server to see if mail works.

Hi

My 3 month issues is that so far I have not gotten any php mail forms to work on our server.  We think we have tried everything, but we must be wrong.  Are there any scripts around that I can run on the server that will just simply test if our mail works ?  A script that doesn't need to be linked to external or local files ? If anyone knows of any, that would be GREAT!

I just can't figure out where the break is.  When the form is filled in and completed, it never stops saying "waiting for www.mywebsite.com..." and I have never seen any error messages. Is that a clue?  I am using $_POST and not $HTTP_POST_VARS, and we think we have set up the server SMPT settings correctly.  The vars are coming from flash which has worked on other servers with the same php script!

I am totally confused, and frightened

If anyone knows about any scripts that can test if our server is configured correctly, please show some love this way.

Cheers,

Doug

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.