Config is not working

SirChick

I have edited my config for apache to get the server root working but no matter what i do it wont load the .php file :S

Unless im getting the url wrong, i can't understand why it will not work. Although i have noticed in apache the details show the root still hasn't changed to the C:/xampp/apache/register.php it still says the default  C:/xampp/apache

It also hasn't changed the admin email in the config even though i have loaded it up and checked if i had saved and i have!

Is there something i might have missed out? I don't understand why it wont update or read the changed config.

I tried to press stop in xampp's control panel to stop and re-start apache but i get error -1

You have restarted xampp after making the change? Also make sure you are editing the http.conf file in xampp/apache/conf/

Another suggestion is make sure there is not an # symbol in front of the line you are editing. Apache will ignore lines that begin with # symbols these lines will be classed as comments. You must remove the # from the beginning of the line in order for Apache to read that line.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.