[SOLVED] Cookie / Login trouble

Devine

Ok, so I am working on a cookie / online_logs kind of login.. for guests, users, etc.

I am using cookies to store an expiration for the cookie, username/password for the user, and an id (random number) ..

It seems to somehow boot a logged in person after someone else logs in, it appears the way it is booted is the cookie "ID2" is somehow deleted. therefore losing its online_logs row, and creating a new one.

I would like some help, but prefer to only show 1 or 2 people the code - to help.

If you can help, my email is webmaster@pplboards.com or msn is you.understand@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Jordan.

if your trying to log who logs in every time..... use Auto increment in the DB as the ID number, then simply assing that to the cookie,  so that if at any time you need to pull data about the login eg time, its all stored in the DB.... and teh thign about sessions is right.  I still use cookies, but i ined to change everything to Sessions.

gdlk

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.