[SOLVED] Combine Queries

hostfreak

I was wondering how I would combine queries that are stored in an array? The reason is to be able to order the multiple queries from the same "ORDER BY" which will be obtained from an url parameter.

Also, the reasons the queries are in an array is, because they use the "WHERE" clause to SELECT "WHERE year = '$year'", and there could be several years (the years are obtained from $_POST) and I don't think there is a way to do something like: WHERE year = '$year[0],$year[1]'. Thanks in advance.

Got rid of the arrays, ran the modified query, no result. Could it be due to me doing this:

YEAR(time_stamp) IN ($yrs)

I am actually comparing the years against the year found from the field 'time_stamp' (0000-00-00 00:00:00) with the mysql YEAR() function. Not sure if that matters?

BTW, in cases where this technique can't be used, the answer to your original question is

SELECT a,b,c FROM table WHERE something

UNION

SELECT a,b,c FROM table WHERE something_else

UNION

SELECT ..... etc

I had read about UNION and wanted to try it in this situation, but wasn't sure how to implement it where the queries were stored in an array then looped through as well as the results (as this is, or was if the other code works).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.