Php Tutorial/Help?

php?

>:( Okay guys... I am completely new to php (call me a noob if you'd like) and im hoping for a complete overview of php/mySQL. Every guide ive seen makes no sense to me. You can also post some tips and hints to learning  ::) Im a fast learner in my opinion... hoping to start a text-based game in about a year.  :-\

I already have php/mySQL/apache and a ton of other junk that came with the Xampp download. Where the heck do i put scripts... and what are the different servers for? Host im guessing. Anyways... Please help  :o  ;D

Well im reading... and im wondering when it says "If you save this file (e.g. helloworld.php) and place it on PHP enabled server and load it up in your web browser, then you should see "Hello World!" displayed. If not, please check that you followed our example correctly."

What exactly would my PHP server be? Apache? And how would i place a file on it.

Well im reading... and im wondering when it says "If you save this file (e.g. helloworld.php) and place it on PHP enabled server and load it up in your web browser, then you should see "Hello World!" displayed. If not, please check that you followed our example correctly."

What exactly would my PHP server be? Apache? And how would i place a file on it.

PHP server is refer to your apache server. The server path by default is under "C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs". But seem like you are using XAMPP, the folder should avialble in ur XAMPP directory.

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\xampp\htdocs\dk1111.php\lib.php on line 55

Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Comes up with that?

in your code, line no. 51

function opendb() { // Open database connection.

include('config.php');
    extract($dbsettings);
    $link = mysql_connect($server, $user, $pass) or die(mysql_error());
    mysql_select_db($name) or die(mysql_error());
    return $link;

}

the function opendb, where it is called from,

check the varialbes $server,$user and $pass are assigned or not.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.