I want to know how does a browser “speak” to the server.

oceans

Dear Friends,

I want to know how does a browser “speak” to the server.

Say, I submit a form (*.php) to the server by clicking my submit button, (this form has a lot of functions calls and sub functions calls”. I see the globe starts to spin indicating the browser is or is trying to work with the server.

If I push the “X” button, will my page stop half way working with the server, or it will complete ALL the processes on the page?

My concern is, I fear if I have 10 functions calls on a page, the page will be dropped abruptly after working top few functions calls and ignoring the rest!

Can anyone help me on this, Thanks.

Effigy,

YES the article is very usefull, but I do not know how to fix my problem?

I want all my page to go to completion even if the page gets turned off halfway!

Can you please suggest a code inclusion either to .htacess or to every page.

I really apprecitate the code as my work is Live! thanks.

I want all my page to go to completion even if the page gets turned off halfway!

From the link I gave you:

You can decide whether or not you want a client disconnect to cause your script to be aborted. Sometimes it is handy to always have your scripts run to completion even if there is no remote browser receiving the output. The default behaviour is however for your script to be aborted when the remote client disconnects. This behaviour can be set via the ignore_user_abort php.ini directive as well as through the corresponding "php_value ignore_user_abort" Apache .conf directive or with the ignore_user_abort() function. If you do not tell PHP to ignore a user abort and the user aborts, your script will terminate.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.