[SOLVED] PHP & Wap

Northern Flame

Hrmmm. This is an interesting question. I've personally not done any WAP stuff, but have considered it in the past. What if you echo'd a header that told the php to act as the appropriate mime type? This could potentially "trick" the phone into thinking it's really a wap page.

You'll have to have some way to query the database... and php is as good as any way. I'm almost positive that the workaround you'll need is for echoing the appropriate header. I've done this in the past to tell a certain page to act as image/png for example. I did a quick search for wap mime and php and got several articles. I wish I could tell you exactly but I'm sure that it'd work... on another note there are some free wap phone emulator sites out there that will let you test wap sites. Finding one of these will probably make testing easier for you.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.