[SOLVED] Would you reccoment php script for this or another script...

psquillace

Hello All:

I am a bit new to php and am wondering if I should use it or not for this script I need.

I need to generate a quote online for custom printed items, like glassware or such where if someone entered into a form they needed 45 of this cup it would spit out quote.

Then I would also need it to add to the price quote if they choose something like additional colors or whatever. I have seen this done with JavaScript and was not sure if I could do this in php.

Would it be easier to just do this in JS?

what function can I use to output this and how would I add the math to that function if I understand this right?

thanks for any help on this,

Paul

Big difference your looking at is javascript is client side and PHP is server side. PHP your guaranteed it will work, while javascript you have to worry about different browsers, and it still might never work. Javascript is nice though in that it is instantaneous, the user doesn't have to refresh the page.

I'd do it with a mix of both, unless you just have a set amount of items and are not looking to let people do orders online.

You also have to consider that users can disable javascript... which means that they can bypass security and/or if a particular function of your site relies on javascript, then users will not be able to access this feature without it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.