Importing Error

lizardqing

I am trying to import a phpbb2 database onto a new web host and keep getting an error. This is what I get.

Error #1 -

Error

SQL query:

#

# Table Data for phpbb_categories

#

INSERT INTO phpbb_categories( cat_id, cat_title, cat_order )

VALUES (

'4', 'Parts Bin', '30'

);

MySQL said: Documentation

#1062 - Duplicate entry '4' for key 1

Error #2 -

Error

SQL query: Documentation

SELECT *

FROM Array

WHERE CONCAT_WS( "-", cat_id, cat_title, cat_order ) = "4"

ORDER BY cat_id, cat_title, cat_order

LIMIT 0 , 30

#1146 - Table 'scalefir_phpb2.Array' doesn't exist

--------------------------------------------------

Is there anyway to fix this so I can transfer the data? This is about 2 years worth of stuff that I really would like to keep. The database stuff is one area that I am just starting to learn so I don't even really know what to use to open it up to try and fix it. Thanks for your help.

Chris

Your first error basically states that "cat_id" has a duplicate entry of '4' (so you are trying to insert data into a second "4" ID number, which is already taken). To switch it, change the 4 to something that's not already taken in the table.

Your second error is just that, your table "scalefir_phpb2.Array" doesn't exist. You're going to have to create the table first in order to transfer to it.

OK. I get what you are saying.

Could you tell me how to go about editing it. Going this deep into it is new to me. Can i edit it from phpmyadmin or do I need something else. Also how would I create the table and does it matter where. Sorry if the questions are stupid, I just don't want to screw something up. Have enough head aches all ready moving several web sites alone.

I think I figured out the duplicate 4 issue.

But now I get this.

Error

There seems to be an error in your SQL query. The MySQL server error output below, if there is any, may also help you in diagnosing the problem

ERROR: Unclosed quote @ 92

STR: '

SQL:

INSERT INTO phpbb_search_wordlist (word_text, word_id, word_common) VALUES('�', '20795', '0');

SQL query:

INSERT INTO phpbb_search_wordlist (word_text, word_id, word_common) VALUES('�', '20795', '0');

#1062 - Duplicate entry '?' for key 1

-----------------------

Error

SQL query: Documentation

SELECT *

FROM Array

WHERE CONCAT_WS( "-", word_text, word_id, word_common ) = "?"

ORDER BY word_text, word_id, word_common

LIMIT 0 , 30

#1146 - Table 'scalefir_phpb2.Array' doesn't exist

Can i edit it from phpmyadmin or do I need something else.

You can edit it in PHPMyAdmin.
Also how would I create the table and does it matter where.
It doesn't matter where. Click on the database name in MyAdmin and at the bottom of the page there should be a "Create new table on database [dbname]". Use that to create the table.

And this error: #1062 - "Duplicate entry '?' for key 1", is the basically the same thing, you have duplicate "?" (or entries) in that key/row. You have to change it.

Don't worry about screwing things up, that's how you learn. There's lots of tutorials out there to help, too, just google them.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.