[SOLVED] MS documents with fopen and fread

alejandro52

When i try to open and display ms documents in my web page all i get is

mHsHhi?i??CJaJmH sH hi?i??CJaJmHsHhi??CJaJmHsHhi?aJmHsH"(VX?Ĉ?$ & F H ? ? 46?????瀀瀀׀瀀瀀?????ˀ?ˀˀˀˀˀˀˀ? $?Ђ`?Ђa$gdi?$???Ђ^???Ђa$gdi?$??Ђ^?`?Ђa$gdi?$a$gdǯ̀??ă? ?????? ?? ?????? ă?

.Does any one know what is the problem?

I have some ms documents that i want to upload to my web page as news.What is the best way to do that?do i have to format them in txt?I'm currently doing this(doc to txt) but the problem is that the text format(paragraphs and such) disappear and the only way i can see to add them back is by adding html tags in the text files.Is there an easier way? COM Seems a bit comfusing and only works in windows php.

Word documents would have the same problem as txt (even if you got all that weird formatting out.) The problem is that the browser has its very own syntax for formatting and the only way to get a new line is with a tag. One thing you can do is, when you read the file into a buffer, you can simply replace all occurances of "\n" with "<br>" and whatever other formatting tags you need.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.