upload complete event detect

isaac_cm

Here's how I would do it. The pop-up presumably contains a form which goes to another page when the upload is done. E.g.,

<form action='somewhere.php' method='POST'>
<input type='file' name='fileUpload'/>
<input type='submit' value='Upload!' />
</form>

So in 'somewhere.php':

<?php
// Process the file upload here, then...
echo "<script type='text/javascript'>window.onload = function() {   window.opener.myVariable = myData; window.close();}</script>";
?>

This should set the variable myVariable in the parent window to the value in myData. Then it closes the upload window.

Hope that helps.

I don't think there are any other ways, as JS is the only way to deal with the client side DOM (except maybe VBScript or client side ASP). But you definitely can't in HTML or PHP. If your worried about client browsers that don't support JS, check out this thread: http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/topic,154030.0.html. Check if your client has JS. If not, just do the upload script in the main window.

I have never used DreamWeaver. But for JS debugging I use FireFox's Error console. It typically gives at least the line number of an JS errors. For PHP debugging, I just use echo statements all over the place to figure out what's in the variables, etc. Sorry, I pretty much do my coding in a straight text editor!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.