[SOLVED] Cookies Being Logged?

Devine

It appears that a certain cookie isnt being logged when I use IE, but it does when I use firefox... I know that the version of IE that I am using is very old... But should that matter?....  Anyone have any ideas to fix my code (if the code matters between 2 different internet browsers, give me a heads up? lol)

if($cookie_id2!="" && $cookie_id2=="$check_main_ol_id2"){
$position1="you have a cookie that matches one in our database!";
	if($check_main_ol_uid!="" && $cookie_username=="$check_user_username" && $cookie_username!="" && $cookie_password=="$check_user_password2" && $cookie_password!=""){
	$position2="you are a user! but do you exist?";
		if(checkExist("user","users","where id='$check_main_ol_uid'")=="yes"){
		$position3="you are a user, that exists!";
		$update_main_ol=mysql_query("update `online_logs` set `status`='online', `active`='$date_time3', `expires`='$cookie_logged', `board`='$board', `cat`='$cat', `action`='$action', `id3`='$id', `date`='$date_today2', `time`='$date_time', `ip`='$ip' where id2='$cookie_id2'") or die("update <b>guest</b> cookie doesnt work!");
		}else{
		$position3="you are a user that doesnt exist..";
		$delete_main_ol=mysql_query("delete from `online_logs` where id2='$cookie_id2'");
		}
	}else{
	$position2="you are a guest! thats all we need to do here.";
	$update_main2_ol=mysql_query("update `online_logs` set `status`='online', `active`='$date_time3', `expires`='$date_time3', `board`='$board', `cat`='$cat', `action`='$action', `id3`='$id', `date`='$date_today2', `time`='$date_time', `ip`='$ip' where id2='$cookie_id2'") or die("update <b>guest</b> cookie doesnt work!");
	setcookie('id2',$cookie_id2,time()+3*60);
	setcookie('logged',$date_time3,time()+3*60);
	}
}else{
$position1="you are a guest with no log. creating cookie.";
setcookie('id2','$date_id2',time()+2*60);
setcookie('username','',time()+2*60);
setcookie('password','',time()+2*60);
setcookie('logged',$date_time3,time()+2*60);
$insert_main_ol=mysql_query("insert into `online_logs` (id2,expires,status,active,board,cat,action,id3,date,time,ip)VALUES('$date_id2','$date_time3','online','$date_time3','$board','$cat','$action','$id','$date_today2','$date_time','$ip')");
}

the $check_main_ol_id2 is a variable that would have the id2 cookie information (same as cookie_id2) if there was a log made with that id2 (maybe a page before, or during their visit to the page).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.