mkdir - Fairly simple question hopefully....

NoDoze

I am using a 2 page php form to create a folder name. The first page of the php form askes for the needed info by field: user, name, value. The second page of the php form compiles this info into a folder name so that: user, name, value will be the name of the folder. Then when submited, this form will create the needed folder on the server.

I am using this:

<?php

mkdir("/path/to/my/dir", 0777);

?>

However, the webserver with the php form is different than where the folder needs to be created. How would I adjust the path to create the folder on a different server? Is this possible?

Thanks!

These are linux servers....in a local network, an intranet site, so security isn't an issue.

But I'm guessing if I made the path like this:

\\192.168.1.152\foldername\folder\

It would work?

Would it need FTP access? Or something like that?

I've never seen or heard of an php script being able to create a folder on a different server.

Please clarify...

Thanks!

I"m not quite familiar with Linux nor do I fully know php's capability with servers.  But it would seem to me that in a local network, you would have access to directories on other parts of the network, so ip or a path such as "\\Server\my documents" in the case of windows. though php may only be limited to the local server on that particular machine.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.