PHP upload progress bar

r00tk1LL

Thank you for spelling out the acronym for me but I've done Ajax development in the past. It's just a buzzword. The httprequest oject has been around for ages and the XML piece is irrelevant. It could just as easily be a flat file or database rather than xml.

see... php 5.1.2.0 was compiled WITHOUT one important C header file that would make it possible for php to be used with ajax asa per request platform

Either you recompile php with 5.1.2 and the cuproq.c and cuproq.h files,

or you find another wya of doing it, without ajax or cgi...

see... php 5.1.2.0 was compiled WITHOUT one important C header file that would make it possible for php to be used with ajax asa per request platform

Either you recompile php with 5.1.2 and the cuproq.c and cuproq.h files,

or you find another wya of doing it, without ajax or cgi...

What?

<?php
echo '<script language="Javascript" type="text/javascript">
Ajax here..
</script>';
?>

I have looked around and found allot of scripts that either implement poorly, or just don't work. Have you guys seen this done before on a php/mysql site?

All I really need is something that shows a progress bar while my HTML form is uploading a file to it's temp directory (or wherever it goes), then pass it off to a php script that will handle moving the file to the right directory.

Any ideas?

I don't understand what you just said.

With broadband most forms don't hang long enough for it to matter most of the time and if it's a user with dial up the less bandwidth being used on extra stuff (progress bar) the better.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.