Converting a lot of java to PHP

tibberous

I have a bunch of java I want to convert to PHP - thus making me rich and famous[er]. Sadly, java is kind of the anti-php. It is so bad, I am not sure whether it would be easier to convert the code, or to recode it based on output, or to find the output functions, and record the engine.

Anyone know anything to make this easier?

Anyone sit down and convert the java foundation classes to PHP?

as far as i understand, java's oop is what php5 is aiming for, but loosely typed.  I havent worked with java, but it looks just like php classes with some javascript-like syntax thrown in there. and i know java has a ton of built in libraries that the classes may use, so recreating them may be an exercise.

Good luck

I think you're better of recoding with heavy influence on the java foundation.

Problem solving is a strategy and the language is just syntax. Solving a problem in different languages both have different strengths and weaknesses, make sure that before you switch from Java, you're doing it for the right reasons :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.