Extracting Minimap Source from a File

Warptweet

www.epicwar.com

Thats a website that allows you to upload Warcraft 3 maps onto it.

Somehow, it is able to create an accurate image of the minimap of the map. The files are .w3x files. I'm wondering, does anyone here have any idea how on earth they create the minimap image automatically?

It probably involves php, or possibly some method of extracting the minimap graphics. Is this possible normally with PHP? Or is this a matter of other coding languages? Any leads would be appreciated, thanks.

EDIT:

I just noticed that in the editor program (Warcraft III: World Editor) there is a button when you go to file>>export minimap that allows you to create an image of the minimap to a selected directory. SCREENSHOT: http://www.uploadpoints.com/public/g4PhNnj0B3wIqdlvIlbzwhm1ThGHHvTlnhIzKrnKiZSM0176bW.png

Possibly, just possibly, there would be a way to "mimic" the same method the world editor uses in order to create this minimap?

I need this automatic.

www.epicwar.com

When you upload a warcraft map, it instantly has the minimap image. My users can't wait until I'm online, and finished manually taking a screenshot, snipping it to size etc. That would be unreasoanble.

Like epicwar.com, it's all automatic, allowing maximum profiency for map sharing. I need the same.

Below I attached an example of one of thousands of warcraft 3 maps.

It really is nothing, just a test thing I whipped up, it still has a minimap nonetheless.

You need to extract it from the zip file.

You cannot open it if you do not have the Warcraft 3 World Editor.

Although, you can still test it and play around with it to see what kind of secret you can extract. I noticed that if you open it in notepad, you can get the NAME of the map, which is at the beginning of the file, "Just Another Warcraft III Map" which is just one of the things that I'm also extracting.

[attachment deleted by admin]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.