pass a value part 2

Dear Sir/Madam:

Hello, again.  I was wondering if you could help me solve this problem that I am having. If you remember the last topic that I asked you, I've asked how to use the "book" icon to be passed on the other pages as it will appear on the next page with its corresponding prices, and description. Now,i want it to be in a different style or idea. What if I have a category in my web page and in the categories you have ,let's say, about 6 of them: having this example

BOOK -> a HORROR CATEGORY, MAGAZINE, MUSIC, COMPUTER, GARDENING, AND PC 

And in each categories, you decided to put, only for the meantime, 10 items on it

EXAMPLE: PC-> MONITOR, KEYBOARD, MOUSE, SPEAKER, WEB CAM, CPU, PRINTER, TRANSFORMER (VOLTAGE FOR 120 TO 240 USAGE ), DVD.

THEN you tried to pick "one sub categories" on 1 pageto show all the details about that item(S) SELECTED

EXAMPLE : PC-> MONITOR-> THIS IS WILL PASS TO ANOTHER PAGE CALLED "PURCHASED_DESCRIPTION.PHP" -> where it has the price, the name, the description and so on.

Once selected, it will pass to another page to VIEW all the purchased items. How would you do you that to show all the items that the customer had bought? And is there a way that instead of creating a new "PURCHASED_DESCRIPTION" for each category so i can or the customer can display the items selected. OR Could it be possible to use or placed it ONLY IN ONE "PURCHASED _DESCRIPTION" and can manipulate it from a different sub categories when the customer will clicked a different action or item selected?

EXAMPLE:

PC -> MONITOR -> PURCHASED_DESCRIPTION->VIEW_DESCRIPTION

PC -> KEYBOARD -> PURCHASED_DESCRIPTION1->VIEW_DESCRIPTION1

PC -> MOUSE -> PURCHASED_DESCRIPTION2->VIEW_DESCRIPTION2

INSTEAD  WHAT I WANT IS :

PC -> KEYBOARD ->  PURCHASED_DESCRIPTION->VIEW_DESCRIPTION

^                       

|

PC - > KEYBOARD  -  >

^                       

|

PC - > MOUSE  -  >

by means of this illustration  that i made i do hope you code understand what i meant.

Once again, i would say thank you in advance, for helping me solve the last problem though this time i've enhanced it a bit

This question is use for "PHP LANGUAGE......"

If you have SQL available on the server you use, that would be easiest. Make a TABLE books with whatever id values you think will be useful, for example (Title, Author, Description, ISBNnum, ImageURL, Category, BookID)

Then use SQL queries to narrow down the items you display to the user.

For example, SELECT * FROM books WHERE Category='Horror' or whatever.

Let us know if you can use SQL or if you need to do it with text-file databases.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.