most frustrating problem

So I downloaded PHP Designer 2007 and am using it in conjunction with WAMP.  Unfortunately, I can only echo html out to my browers and not php.  This is the most annoying problem ever and I have searcehd the internet and can't think about how to solve it. I tried configuring my PHP according to what books on installing php say to do, but that didn't seem to solve the problem.  I was using a video tutorial (phpvideotutorials.com) and I noticed that they could click on projects under tools and that button is not available to me. As a result, in my localhost it does not have any projects (it just has source files and once again it doesn't echo any php through that).  Is it a problem with my text editor?

No one else seems to be having this problem and I really really need some help. Thanks so much

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.