Help with academic project

frenly

Hi,

I am a PHP programmer with limited programming skills. I am going to do a project whose design and analysis part has already been completed in previous trimester. The headache part of coding is in this trimester. The topic of the project is 'Internet Cafe management system'. Being a networking student, I thought it to be a better project as we would be doing server-client programming. I initially thought of doing the programming in C# or some other language. But later thought it would be much bettter if I did a project in PHP as i was more interested in web designing/ development.

Now that it is fixed that i am going to do programming in PHP and it is going to be an "Internet cafe management" software, i thought i could get better ideas from advanced programmers in this forum.

I have thought of installing apache in the server machine and accessing the www folder from client machines to get access to the MySQL database in server to get started.

I will much appreciate hints and ideas regarding this project.

The basic idea behind the project is that the client logs in to server, client machine dispalys timing and billing info, server shows logged machines, their info,etc.

Thanks

Deepak

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.