script to find seats together for ticketing system

arianhojat

Hello All,

I have a database of seats and what the seats names are 101, 102 for one venue (or A1, A2 if another venue with different named seats).

and those seats are associated in another table to a section, Like section A, B, C, (or arbitrary names like Section 1 for 101, 102 seats).

I also have seats associated to rows in case I need to use that so A1-100 might all be considered same row wrapping around venue.

Then i also associate those seats to 'chunks' in another table for ticket calculations in php. like A1 to A20 are together in chunk1, then a entrance into stadium breaks up the row, and A20-40 starts (and also a table associating what section that chunk is in). I think a table like this is good so when the user clicks 4 tickets, if the event isnt General Admission, my script tries to find seats together on that section.

So for an event I have option for AllGeneralAdmission in that event table. If that value is false then that means the event doesnt have one price across the board, so I look up prices to specialized areas, (but if true, i just set the general price in this table).

So in another table I associate areas like GA, Floor, Mezzanine pricing to that event and their respected price. and in another table what sections are associated to those pricing schemes.

Best idea I had is let user pick what seating he wants (GA, Floor, Mezzanine) and then find the sections in the area they choose from that last table. then i can find out what chunks are in that section and go chunk by chunk finding seats. then report back the 1st match or give them options on what chunk to choose maybe?

Is there anything that you would you change in database table setup and php script?

I am not sure if there is a more professional type setup (i saw ticketmaster had section seating, GA seating, and i think also even varying seat prices by section). I made this database setup myself, but if one has something better or a tutorial online, let me know :)

Thanks in advance!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.