posting message question

chris_rulez001

hi, im making a forum system and i was wondering if i could have a post delay (flood control).

e.g. say if user1 posted a message and then wanted to post again straight after, and then got a custom flood control message.

can i ask how would i make it so i could select how long you had to wait before posting another message and  how would i make it so i can select a custom flood control message.

i would like the flood control custom message and time limit (in seconds) to be stored in a mysql table.

can someone help me please?

if this is too confusing, tell me and ill try and simplify it.

thanks in advance,

chris

After the user posts just set the current time to a session and then when they go to post again do:

$old_time - $current_time

and then if it is within the time then reject their post.

I do not do time calculations so I do not know the correct way to store or compare the times so will either have to use the manual or get someone else to help you. SORRY :(

~ Chocopi

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.