Path Problems when using set_include_path() on Shared Host, to access PEAR

suttercain

Hize Eviebody,

I am trying to get the PEAR thing going so I can use the nice packages they have available. I installed it on my server and that went pretty smooth. After I installed I was told to use "home/superman/public_html/pear" as my include path. Since I don't have access to it via the php.ini I used set_include_path() instead.

I keep getting this darn error though:

Warning: require_once(home/superman/public_html/pear/PEAR/MDB2.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/superman/public_html/pear/pear.php on line 4

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'home/superman/public_html/pear/PEAR/MDB2.php' (include_path='home/superman/public_html/pear') in /home/superman/public_html/pear/pear.php on line 4

I verified that the MDB2 is installed and they the path is correct. It is. When I use an absolute path to the require to access the MDB2.php I no longer get the above error, but instead get a different path error:

Warning: MDB2::include_once(MDB2/Driver/pgsql.php) [function.MDB2-include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/superman/public_html/pear/PEAR/MDB2.php on line 330

Warning: MDB2::include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'MDB2/Driver/pgsql.php' for inclusion (include_path='home/superman/public_html/pear') in /home/superman/public_html/pear/PEAR/MDB2.php on line 330
MDB2 Error: not found

This is now a class error trying to access the path via MDB2.php. Can anyone assist?

Thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.