Post-Installation

Hello everyone, I have been trying all day to get PHP going on my home PC, at work I had absolutely no problems.  However at home, I can't seem to get it running.  I tried WAMP, XAMPP, and ApacheTriad2.  However, whenever I try to access a php script from a browser, I get a blank page.  I created an HTML form that calls a PHP script, and I simply get a blank page after I process the form.

Aside from that, MySQL doesn't seem to be working, as mysqladmin.exe just won't run because it 'couldn't authenticate to OBDC@localhost, using password: NO'

The PHP problem is what I'm most concerned about, but all ideas are welcome.

Thanks

Are you sure apache or any other webserver is not running before you start installing these packages? It's pretty hard to make WAMP not work.

Does the WAMP main page load when you try http://127.0.0.1 with WAMP installed? That runs off of PHP.

The default MySQL user is root with no password. If you don't specify a username, it will try to use a default one (Like ODBC).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.