form post problems from only one office

tr33b1rd

I'm not sure exactly where to post this, but hopefully somebody here might know what the problem may be. After building a MySQL driven PHP site for a client of mine, I built them an admin panel where they can insert/update/delete records on thier site. There is a webform for each page (update, insert and delete), which is posted to a process script that runs a query on the database and returns a confirmation message. The confirmation message uses the form variables to tell the user exactly what has been updated.

I have no problem using this script at all. I have tested it from multiple computers, in multiple buildings using different ISP's and everything works 100% of the time. For my client, it is hit or miss, sometimes it works and sometimes the confirmation page displays a success but nothing happens and the variables are not there. I thought about a timeout issue however they insist that it happens when they have only been logged in for a couple of minutes.

When I first wrote this I used post for all of my form methods. To troubleshoot, I changed everything to the get method and it worked for about a month. Then the same thing started happening again.

It has to be something in thier network, like maybe a firewall is chopping off the get or post information. It's weird that it does not happen every time. I have also had them change browsers, however there is only one computer in the office that can be used for this work so the computer is the same.

I have to troubleshoot this with thier in house IT guy and he seems to be the type to pass the blame instead of looking for the solution. So I am trying to find reasons why this would happen. At first I was told that the internet connection was running through a server before going to the ISP, but then it changed to "oh, we're mistaken... we're connected straight to the ISP". I have a strong feeling that is not true. I really want to avoid making a trip out there as it is not close. Can anybody give me any reasons why or how form data would not make it through a network or firewall?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.