[SOLVED] MySQL No results (but there is)

xyn

Ok,

I've been pulling my hair out of this one, basically I have a query which will

match if a deadline date is reached or past.  and basically if i use PHP I can

get the queries correctly.  But because of the pagination scripts i'm running

I need it to work in mysql...

Heres my query:

$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `intranet_accounts_tickets` WHERE `recipients_account_id`='".$_SESSION['intranet_user_id']."' AND `ticket_closed`='0' AND `ticket_deleted`='0' /*AND `ticket_deadline_date` < '".date("j/m/Y, H:i:s")."'*/ ORDER BY `ticket_deadline_date` DESC LIMIT $limitvalue, $limit");

remove the comment if you have a php var in their!!

$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `intranet_accounts_tickets` WHERE `recipients_account_id`='".$_SESSION['intranet_user_id']."' AND `ticket_closed`='0' AND `ticket_deleted`='0' ORDER BY `ticket_deadline_date` DESC LIMIT $limitvalue, $limit") or die(mysql_error());

sorry if you ignore the comments.  i still get an error;  the comment was part of my debug

to locate where th problem is hense i know its my syntax :P

$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `intranet_accounts_tickets` WHERE `recipients_account_id`='".$_SESSION['intranet_user_id']."' AND `ticket_closed`='0' AND `ticket_deleted`='0' AND `ticket_deadline_date` < '".date("j/m/Y, H:i:s")."' ORDER BY `ticket_deadline_date` DESC LIMIT $limitvalue, $limit");

and i know there is 1 record which should be displayed as i changed the date :P its strange

change to this

$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `intranet_accounts_tickets` WHERE `recipients_account_id`='".$_SESSION['intranet_user_id']."' AND `ticket_closed`='0' AND `ticket_deleted`='0' AND `ticket_deadline_date` < '".date("j/m/Y, H:i:s")."' ORDER BY `ticket_deadline_date` DESC LIMIT $limitvalue, $limit") or die(mysql_error());

and post the error is any!

if the ticket_deadline_date is a date field try

$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `intranet_accounts_tickets` WHERE `recipients_account_id`='".$_SESSION['intranet_user_id']."' AND `ticket_closed`='0' AND `ticket_deleted`='0' AND `ticket_deadline_date` < Now() ORDER BY `ticket_deadline_date` DESC LIMIT $limitvalue, $limit") or die(mysql_error());

There is no error.  the problem is if i make an array

get the times do an if statement la de da i can match them

to do what i want

However this means i cant use my pagination script. So

i want to know why i can use greater than fields in my sql

and it works.. but hwne itry using it with the date it wont.

+ there is no syntax error so mysql_error() is useless.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.