[SOLVED] Printing code examples

nuttycoder

I am building a tutorial site, all is working apart from 1 thing.

If i type in some php code even basic stuff like

Code:

<?php echo date ('Y'); ?>

then when its submitted into the database the php gets stripped away i'm using the tinymce editor if that helps make it clear.

I need to be able to show code examples as my tutorials are for web design does anyone know a way of showing code.

I can disable the tinycme editor and type code right into the textfeild and use the html safe values like:

<?php echo date ('Y'); ?>

but thats not a good solution as i want to use the tinymce editor as my members will be able to write some tutorials

any help would be great

Thanks

got it working i can post code and it shows. I had to disable the tinymce editor for it to work, so i'll either hve to find a way round it with thi editor or find another.

Thanks

btw even without the editor in place i can post code save it and then view it on the page showing the tutorial only when i go to edit the information again i have to type in code and /code each time it seems to get stripped any idea why?

I can see code and /code inthe db using phpmyadmin but its not there when i go to edit the tutorial using my php script

Been experimenting with diffrent settings on the tinymce and if I turn the editor into basic mode I can post code and it shows up turning all code typed into the html safe version and also able to have the normal html tags <p>,< b>..ect using the editor which is exacly what i need.

Thanks for everyone who's helped me with this at the very least I've learn't useful ways of using htmlspecialchars & expressions,

While learing something new its never been a wasted time  ;D

Thanks again.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.