[SOLVED] Extreeemely Basic Question

FutureCoder

Hello

O.K. Here's the deal.

I'm just starting out using PHP.  I'm still learning it.

I loaded php onto my computer and got it running right using PHP Coder IDE and having no problems.  I had to restart my computer and go do other things and when I went back to PHP Coder I got the error message to the effect that:  "Server Error in Application Web Site - Http Error 404.4...", etc.  In short I got no output.  It goes on to say 'the resource I'm looking for does not have a handler' and so forth. 

The Server Doc Root Directory and Server Root URL are just the same as when I got it up and running the 1st time and all the Server Settings are the same. 

I just know that I'm back to square 1 trying to get this to work except that all the things that worked last time are no longer working and I've already redownloaded PHP 5.

Any guidance on how to get back to work would be most appreciated because I'm out of ideas.

Thanks

FutureCoder

Thanks, Fjerpje, that did the trick now I'm back in business!

Now for my next problem and a question.

<?php

$db = mysql_connect("localhost");

mysql_select_db("menagerie", $db);

$query = "select * from animals";

$result = mysql_query($query);

$table = mysql_field_table($result, 0);

echo $table;

The above code is supposed to output the name of the table named in the code(animals table from a MySQL database called menagerie).  It is exactly like the code in the tutorial I'm going thru but doesn't output anything.  What am I doing wrong?

And a question:  I find that when I run scripts and then make corrections or changes, if I run in PHP Coder IDE sometimes the change does not happen immediately so the output will be the same as before a couple of times until I see the proper output or it will "take" in the coder ide but not in the browser immediately and vice versa.  What am I doing wrong?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.