availability calender

vote-for-pedro

Hi not sure if this is in the right place but hopefully someone can recommend somthing.

Ive been given the challenge by my local hocky team to create an availabillity calender.

My idea is to have a forum to begin with so players can log in. from there they can see a list of matches which they can either tick if they are available or leave blank if they are not. up to as many as 40 people. then on another page all the info can be displayed.

Anyone know of somthing i could use to do this, or how to go about starting maybe?

All suggestions welcome please  it really dosent have to be a very clever system but im not sure on the best way to layout the database etc.

I think the simplest way to do it would be PHP and MySQL, you could set up a really simple table with the following fields.....

(bear in mind this is the simplest way I can think of not the best method if you will want to develop this in the future)

Fields:

Name

Password

Position

Jan1

Jan2

Jan3.....

...and a load more fields...

Dec31

Then each player fills out a form for which days they are available which updates the date fields to a 1 or 0 (available / not available). Really crude but it would work!

I think the simplest way to do it would be PHP and MySQL, you could set up a really simple table with the following fields.....

(bear in mind this is the simplest way I can think of not the best method if you will want to develop this in the future)

Fields:

Name

Password

Position

Jan1

Jan2

Jan3.....

...and a load more fields...

Dec31

Then each player fills out a form for which days they are available which updates the date fields to a 1 or 0 (available / not available). Really crude but it would work!

Yes this would be the way i was thinking... simple is fine and good it's not got to be very clever.. i would be using matches rather than dates i think  match 1, 2 ,3 ,4, per month. Would using a forum to control the user login and their availabilty form be a good move or do you think it will cause much problems.

For the log-in/out side of it take a look at sessions for a secure system, if its going to be internet based. You don't want anyone logging on and changing data for you! Its not too complicated and again there are plenty of people on here to help with specific queries.

Hope that helps!  ;D

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.