[SOLVED] Die () question

Dirty-Rockstar

I have a site with a sidebar with links and then whatever i want to display on the right (sidebar is an include)

on index.php it looks for a session and if theres no session theres a standard die message of "login to view".

but i had this really crazy idea where to make my die message an actual "page" where users that are not logged in viewing the index page would see a statistics page (multiple queries to db displaying stuff). is this proper php formatting? can it be done without any security holes? can it be done period?

It CAN be done. I'm not sure what you mean by "proper" php formatting and as for security holes, it depends on your code.

im new at php, and im always scared im going to leave something open for someone to break my tables. By formatting i ment is it a standard practice to use a die message to display a lot of information. I guess it shouldnt hurt anything. ill try it...thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.