[SOLVED] PHP GET Issue

behzad

Hi There.

I have Get Issue in URL

E.g

If I have a url lets say  "www.mydomain.com/page_x.php?passvariable=10"

If someone changes the "passvariable=10" To "passvariable=15" as example they go to that record that might not be relevent to them even if they are loged in.

Is there a way of validating or avoiding this to happen?

I am new to php realy so good explanation could help me better.

Thanks

Hi there

Maybe I am not clear in my explanation.

The passvariable lets say being a product of some what. Is there a way if the number "value for the passvaiable"  if changed manually from the url string to be avoided?

I do not want some to get access to the products lets say from changing the passvariable in address bar of the browser.

Well, unless you have these numbers tied to a particular user, then I don't see a way to block someone from doing that. One other way around this would be to pass this variable using a session. This way the person cannot just change the number and gain access to other stuff.

Nate

you could use posts instead of gets

That would require forms and such. In my opinion those sites that use forms and post vars for EVERYTHING get on my last freaking nerve. You can't refresh a page, and when you try to go back, you get the "post data already sent' message.

but that is just my opinion.

Nate

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.