First Forum...

phpSensei

It's quite well designed. However it has very limited functionality.

Also when posting a message with the text

' OR it became \' OR (escaped) which should not be shown the user. Rather then escaping the message use

htmlentities($text,ENT_QUOTES); which will encode quotes rather then escape them.

I also don't believe that you have made a flood defense feature, although the web host is too slow to test that out.

Also at the bottom of every post near the icons i see text "dd232323" perhaps remove that  ;)

After posting a new topic it says refreshing and takes you to a page on local host which we clearly can't access.

That's about as much I've checked out so far.

oh forgot that, I was going to fix that htmlentities thing awhile go, but forgot.

I also havent made a flood system at all, I will create a cookie for the last topic made by the user, then if 30 seconds havnt passed, he cant post a new topic....etc

ONE MORE THING! which random text after every post do you speak of? I can't seem them! Maybe you can print screen it or something....

THANKYOU btw.

some more stylistic / usage comments:

- Top Posters: none
- Most Popular Member: none

doesnt really seem necessary on the home page.  I could see where it would be a good idea and i like the originality, but i feel this would be better suited on the members page.

http://obb.awardspace.com/index.php?page=viewtopic&forum=2&topic=5

notice the DD2323WHATEVER next to the buttons... nuff said

no bw filter, you have a literal "<" displayed in place of the <, same for greater than, quote, amp, and your forgetting to strip the slashes.  It seems your storing the information safely but not displaying it nicely.

Also to post a topic it was painful... and you used GET variables meaning it would easily be able to make random spam topics with a bot or something.

overall I'd be very proud of that if i were you.  Its a great accomplishment, if you will, to create a forum.

Whoa... I just replied to a post and got this:

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string(): Access denied for user 'ndowlat'@'82.197.131.25' (using password: NO) in /home/www/obb.awardspace.com/index.php on line 70

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/www/obb.awardspace.com/index.php on line 70

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string(): Access denied for user 'ndowlat'@'82.197.131.25' (using password: NO) in /home/www/obb.awardspace.com/index.php on line 71

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/www/obb.awardspace.com/index.php on line 71

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string(): Access denied for user 'ndowlat'@'82.197.131.25' (using password: NO) in /home/www/obb.awardspace.com/index.php on line 106

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/www/obb.awardspace.com/index.php on line 106

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string(): Access denied for user 'ndowlat'@'82.197.131.25' (using password: NO) in /home/www/obb.awardspace.com/index.php on line 107

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/www/obb.awardspace.com/index.php on line 107

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'ndowlat'@'82.197.131.25' (using password: NO) in /home/www/obb.awardspace.com/index.php on line 111

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/www/obb.awardspace.com/index.php on line 111

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'ndowlat'@'82.197.131.25' (using password: NO) in /home/www/obb.awardspace.com/index.php on line 113

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/www/obb.awardspace.com/index.php on line 113

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/www/obb.awardspace.com/index.php on line 113

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'ndowlat'@'82.197.131.25' (using password: NO) in /home/www/obb.awardspace.com/index.php on line 117

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/www/obb.awardspace.com/index.php on line 117

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'ndowlat'@'82.197.131.25' (using password: NO) in /home/www/obb.awardspace.com/index.php on line 118

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/www/obb.awardspace.com/index.php on line 118

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'ndowlat'@'82.197.131.25' (using password: NO) in /home/www/obb.awardspace.com/index.php on line 120

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/www/obb.awardspace.com/index.php on line 120

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/www/obb.awardspace.com/index.php on line 121

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'ndowlat'@'82.197.131.25' (using password: NO) in /home/www/obb.awardspace.com/index.php on line 123

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/www/obb.awardspace.com/index.php on line 123

You might want to fix it!

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.