Storing file location in MySQL

jdh23

Hello,

I am trying to store the url of some html files on the server into a MySQL table.  I am able to do this by using the html <input type = file ... > clicking the BROWSE button and cutting and pasting the location into a text field which gets saved when I press the SUBMIT button.

eg. after clicking BROWSE and selecting the file the text field beside the BROWSE button displays [/opt/lampp/htdocs/myfiles/myfile.html] which I cut and paste into the other text field as [../myfiles/myfile.html].

This cutting and pasting is tiresome and clunky and obviously lousy programming. I would like to automate the process so that after pressing BROWSE the other text field would be automatically filled.

I figure that I probably need to use the $_FILES super global but I'm not sure how to do this or even if using the super global is the right approach.  Any help would be most appreciated.

--John

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.