How can other people see my site?

Hi guys i configured PHP5.2.4 and Apache2.2 on my home PC. I can't figure out how to let other people see what I see... Of course I can go to localhost and see it. How can others access my work? Also don't know if it matters but i'm on a cable modem that is behind a linksys wireless B router. If anyone can help or needs more info please let me know. Also if being behind the router does matter I can connect directly to my modem if that is a problem.

THanks,

CORY

Is there any way to emulate this with my computer?

Also isn't that just so it has a www.blah.com address...

I wouldn't mind if they can access it by the IP Address... but when someone types my ip address in their browser they dont get anything.

Is this because of my router?

Thanks,

Cory

If you are behind a router you'll need to setup port forwarding. There are many guides on the net for setting up port forwarding. You'll want to forward port 80 (this the default port Apache listens to for tcp/ip requests).

You'll have to make sure your ISP provides a static ip address and not a dynamic ip address.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.