[SOLVED] Using PHP to echo a page which resubmits itself back to same script

Cep

Hello,

I am trying to upgrade my mailer script so that rather then the user having to select a table of emails from our mailing database for every 500 recipients the script will just select a single table and then loop through every 500, echo an html page containing Javascript which then resubmits the data back to the script.

Currently we do this,

Create email -> Select a mail table -> Submit form and script runs off 500 or less emails -> Press Back on browser -> Select a new table -> Submit form and script runs off another 500 or less emails.

What I would like to do is this,

Create email -> Submit form and script loops through first 500 emails and sends -> Echo's a page with a countdown timer which resubmits the data including the last row number of the table -> Script then picks up from the last row (501) and sends another 500 emails -> Echos the countdown timer again if need be and so on until the mail is finished.

My script will get all the way to the echo of the countdown page but when the javascript finishes, the script doesn't actually submit, or at least does not appear too. I am wondering if this is because the script that echo's the page (automailer.php) cannot be the same script the form is meant to submit too?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.