Can anyone help on this ??

watthehell

hi all...

This is about a reservation where the user will select a time FROM (hour and minute) and TO (hour and minute), these values are taken from the list box and the date is as selected by the user the problem i am  having is

For e.g if the user selects 6 am to 7 am on 13th september 2007 Other user cannot save the same time in the next date i.e 14th, 15th, 16th and so on...

I did it like this

<?php
        $fromhr=$_REQUEST['from'];          // from list box FROM->Hour
$tohr=$_REQUEST['to'];                 //from list box TO->Hour
$frommin=$_REQUEST['fromtime'];    //from list box From->min
$tomin=$_REQUEST['totime'];          // from list box TO->min

$date = $user_sel_date;   // this is the user selected date saves in date field in db

//here i checked for the condition for time overlapping and TO time must not be less than FROM time
if(($from <$to))
{

/* Here in this query i am having confusion how to check for the date value, user must be allowed to save  the same time but for separate dates.. can anyone guide me please in this query*/		
$que1= "SELECT * FROM user_reservation WHERE (user_reserve_time_end > $from AND user_reserve_time_start < $to)";
	$result1 = mysql_query($que1);

if (mysql_num_rows($result1)!=0)

{
	 	$var1=true;
	 	$app->error_display_type=2;
		$app->error("This record overlaps existing time slots");
    		 } 
else
	 {
    		 	$var2=true;
			$que2="insert into voyance_user_reservation values('','".$curruserid."','".$from."','".$to."','".$date."','','')";
			$result2=mysql_query($que2);
			$app->error("Time Reserved Successfuly");
	 }

}
else
	{
		$var3=true;
		$app->error("Start Time Cannot Be Greater Than Or Equal To The End Time");
	}

?>

thnks...

I think the question got confusing... I didn't understood myself seeing again .. LOL

I made this simple...

a) User will select a date (e.g: 2007-9-12). It is stored in a variable $date

b) Then he will select a time for reservation from list box,

e.g I want to reserve from 9:00 am to 10:00 am on 2007-9-12

But what happened is if the user selects 9:00 am to 10:00am on 12th September it gets saved, and when another user wants to save the same time on 13th September it does not allow (from the code i posted above).

I think i could not write the SQL query properly, anyone give a quick glance and give some hints.. plz

my query without checking for date

SELECT * FROM user_reservation WHERE (user_reserve_time_end > $from AND user_reserve_time_start < $to)";

with date

SELECT * FROM user_reservation WHERE (user_reserve_time_end > $from AND user_reserve_time_start < $to) AND user_reserve_date=$date";

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.