turn off error messages

proctk

ho

at times I get this error message

Warning: getimagesize() [function.getimagesize]: Read error! in /mnt/w0400/d11/s01/b02a5c57/www/familyclick.ca/messageCenter/writeMessage.php on line 95

Warning: Division by zero in /mnt/w0400/d11/s01/b02a5c57/www/familyclick.ca/messageCenter/writeMessage.php on line 102

The problem I'm having I'm having a hard time preventing the error. Is there a way to turn error messages off on certain pages.  Ideally I would like to log these errors  any idea how to do this

why would you want to "turn off errors" you get errors because your code doesnt' function right, instead of suppressing errors (commonly done in php.ini or using the @ operator on functions) you should try and amend the errors so they don't occur.  Because even if you supress the visual error the mechnical error in the script still is there and your desired goal will not be reached

As always, I agree with cooldude.

When developing I prefer setting error reporting level to E_ALL so everything gets reported. That way I can eliminate careless coding such as not defining variables or trying to access array elements that don't exist etc.

The best way to turn off errors is to code correctly.

As always, I agree with cooldude.

When developing I prefer setting error reporting level to E_ALL so everything gets reported. That way I can eliminate careless coding such as not defining variables or trying to access array elements that don't exist etc.

The best way to turn off errors is to code correctly.

I'm going to frame this thread and put it on my wall.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.