sendming bulk emails from php is very slow due to spamassassin

noamkrief

I have a forum which sends new post notifications to all users who are subscribed to receive notifications when a new post occurs.

It runs a sql query and sends a new topic notification email to all the users from that query.

But spamassassin makes this process very slow. the cpu on the server go up to 90% for about 3 minutes because of the spamassassin engine trying to go through all these emails being sent - about 50 of them.

the header(location ./blah.php) does not kick in untill spamassassin has finished which makes submitting a new post about 3 minutes of a wait!

I already have it whitelisted in spamassassin but spamassassin is still scanning the messages.

Is there something I can do in php to take me to the confirmation page listed on the header() function before the script is done?

Hope think makes sense..

Thanks everyone!

Noam

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.