[SOLVED] osCommerce / PHP Linux-Win Conversion

aliasalpha

Hey all, I'm in rather desperate need of help with osCommerce. As part of a project in my IT class, we're supposed to set up a shopping cart through a process of elimination of those that failed to install for no adequately explained reason (such as avactis & litecommerce), we've chosen osCommerce. The problem with it is that after the customer has placed an order, it comes up with a box offering to send them updates on the product. If this box is ticked then everything is hunky dory but if it's not, it spits out an error about an "incorrect integer value ' ' being added" to the database. Now osCommerce set up the database and you'd THINK it'd know what it was doing but that seems like too freakin' much to ask. By the look of things its trying to send a null value but the database records (which IT set up) are primary keys so they can't accept null values. Changing the table so  it has a default value hasn't helped either. Has anyone had a similar problem and overcome it?

My teacher has suggested that the cart may have been written with linux in mind and was not using the correct GET & PUT commands for windows and is thus not retrieving the value from the variable correctly. I can JUST manage basic HTML, every single PHP script I've written beyond the basic phpinfo one has been a fiasco so I'm not even sure how linux & windows differ in this case but it seems to me that if this is a common problem, then someone might be able to tell me a quick find/replace kind of fix for it.

Help me Phpfreaks-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope!

Edit: Forgot to mention I'm using the latest version of PHP & MySQL and am running it on a Win 2003 IIS 6 server.

Hi,

You should ask in the oscommerce forum: http://forums.oscommerce.com/

You'll probably get a better answer there. I've used oscommerce in the past and it's plagued with errors.. seriously. It's pretty awful. Although the error you're getting is a new one to me. It could well be a problem with windows/linux incompatibility, although I haven't heard of that with oscommerce before.

thanks

Yeah I was posting there too and got what looks like it might be something useful. (Told to look at this bug fix: http://svn.oscommerce.com/jira/browse/OSC-296)

I agree that the cart isn't too flash but it had the massive advantage of installing successfully which put it a step or 2 ahead of the likes of avactis or litecommerce.

Cheers

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.