Some tricky database calculating - i think :p

JJohnsenDK

Hey

Im trying to find the highest amount for products in my stock and i want to find it by products_id and color_no.

By that i mean that one product can have many different colors so i want to sort the amount of products after which color they have.

Here is my database:

stock_id      - 1

products_id - 3

color_no    - 55555

units_in      - 20

units_out    - 0

date          - 15/10-07

stock_id      - 2

products_id - 3

color_no    - 66666

units_in      - 10

units_out    - 0

date          - 15/10-07

stock_id      - 3

products_id - 3

color_no    - 55555

units_in      - 0

units_out    - 5

date          - 15/10-07

stock_id      - 4

products_id - 3

color_no    - 66666

units_in      - 0

units_out    - 5

date          - 15/10-07

So here i got 4 actions in my database. I have recived 10 items of products 3 with the color no 66666 and 20 items of product 3 with the color_no 55555 and then later sold 5 items of the product with color no 66666. Later i sell 5 items of the same product but this product have the color no 55555.

This gives me a total of 5 items with the color no 66666 and 15 items with the color no 55555 at my stock.

How do i add this up and only echo out the item with the highest amout of items?

yeah... i know of these functions but i dont think i can use them? because i have the units_in and units_out colums.

And i cant multiply this in the mysql query like this:

mysql_query("SELECT SUM(units_in) AS units_in, SUM(units_out) AS units_out FROM stock WHERE products_id = '$product' and color_no = '$color'");

this would only give me the sum of units_in and units_out for one of the products.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.