[SOLVED] Unlink problem on a Windows Server

TecTao

Help please.  I'm trying to remove images from a directory outside of the directory where the delete script resides using the unlink command.  I've used it a million times but this time the application resides on a Windows OS.  The directory structure is:

Image is located _imgs/fab_imgs/$img

Delete script: _admin-flg/delete_fab_imgs_submitted.php

On a Unix server the script I would normally be using for unlinking would be the full pagh to the image:

$myFile2 = "/home/worldbox/public_html/_imgs/fab_imgs/$img";

unlink($myFile2);

Unfortunately, this application is on a Windows OS and trying to get the path and permissions is causing me to pull my hair out.  Running echo $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']; returns E:\http\florida-gl.com .  So combing the usual page to the directories and files doesn't make sense.

So I tried the following which would make sense:

$myFile2 = "../_imgs/fab_imgs/$img";

unlink($myFile2);

I get the following error:

Warning: unlink(../_imgs/fab_imgs/CopyFabrication01_1.jpg) [function.unlink]: Permission denied in E:\http\florida-glass.com\_admin-flg\fab_delete_submitted.php on line 30

I can only set the permissions to rw,rw,rw

So I'm i need of a little direction.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.