[SOLVED] make a new page in a module?

recognize

Hello. How is everyone tonight?

I would like to hake a new page in a module.

Often times at the bottom of a module or page you will see an option to go to next the next page, or you will see a row of number which will link you to the next page. This is what I would like to do. The main issue is that I would like it to keep the same style of the block that is in the first page, on the second page and etc.

I'm not great at php so I downloaded an module called Module_maker. It's easy to use and an happy with the out come so far. The Module Maker has an html.text in it which I add html code to and it will show the code on the block inside the module. So.. I would like to have a second page and more which would be navigated to with a link somewhere on the page. keeping the same style. What would be very cool is if the only thing that changed when clicking "next page" would be the block its self.. That maybe going to far.

Any help or ideas would be awesome.

If you need a link to the page.. here it is. It's a clan site for quake.

http://clanxsv.org/modules.php?name=module_maker

I believe what you're asking about is pagination. Splitting a large result set into smaller chunks/pages? Your "module" terminology is a little confusing.

Typically this is tied to a database and you select a portion of the results that you need, depending on which page you're currently viewing. So, page 1 you would select items 1-20, page 2 you would select items 21 - 41, etc. You simply limit how many items you're pulling form the database and then use the same template/code to display those results.

Hope that helps. It's not a very simple topic, but I've tried to make it as simple as possible.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.